Total Pageviews

Friday, April 29, 2011

Supa Dupa Rugby Round-up with Fancois " BOD aint no GOD" Badenhorst

Is there anything he can't do?

HEY! WAKE THE FUCK UP! Yeah, you know why. It’s Super Rugby round 10.
The round kicked off in North Harbour as the Blues beat the Rebels 40-23 in an entertaining game. The Rebels tried their damndest but they come up short against quality opposition almost everytime. On a sidenote, Blues flanker Jerome Kaino loves ball carrying. The Crusaders lost. I’m not talking about the historical Crusaders that sacked Jerusalem here; I’m talking about the modern day rugby playing variety. They went down 26-18 to Highlanders early Saturday morning (early for those of us who don’t inhabit middle earth of course) at home in what is surely a sign of the coming apocalypse. The ‘Saders have been blazing of late and I would have bet my house that they would’ve gotten the victory here, despite Coach Todd Blackadder missing some stars. Big shout has got to go to Highlanders flank Jarrad Hoeata (try remembering that fucking spelling) who played like, to quote the late great Bill McLaren, “A man possessed.”
Meanwhile in Oz, The Reds ended their long losing streak against the Waratahs by winning 19-15 in Brisbane. Now, I hate the Reds, I’m not even gonna lie, but they are playing like champs at the moment. In another vintage Reds try celebration Quade Cooper backflipped like a Soviet gymnast. He also played okay I suppose... bastard. The Bulls lost, again, to the Force 26-21 in Perth on Saturday. To be honest, there’s more chance of me engaging in a whirlwind affair with Kate Middleton than the Bulls defending their title. They’re playing shit and they deserved to lose.
The Sharks are really large. I’m not just talking like usual pro rugby large; I’m talking construction equipment large. They’re easily the biggest team in this tournament and when they use their physiques right it’s a pretty special sight. The Hurricanes found it out first hand as they lost 40-24 in Durban with John Smit having his best game in about a millennia. We all know whats coming here. Lions. Lost.34. 30. To. The. Chiefs. Yes, that’s right the team that is addicted to losing lost. Big surprise there. To be fair to them they played decent but they undo any good work they do by acting brain dead at other times. It’s more frustrating than that rich old uncle who just won’t die so you can claim the inheritance.
I just want to take some time out of my day to wish Brian O’Driscoll all the bad luck and sadness in the world tomorrow . ALLEZ TOULOUSIAN.
There ya go my precious concubines. Big Fran got you covered. Yeah

3 comments:

  1. Great post as always Francois!
    It's wonderful to get Super Rugby results with that special loving touch only you can provide!
    While I feel that some of your opinions are fundamentally wrong, the great thing about sport is that we can agree to disagree and have a few pints in the process! Good day to you sir, enjoy the rest of super Rugby, and best of luck to your lads in World Cup!
    BTW as a sign of my appreciation for the BOD comment, I've consulted a Hatian friend of mine and requested that he prepare a special spell that will shrink your testicles to the size of raisins. Enjoy the sudden plummet in your testosterone level and the onset of andropause! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No probz sweetheart. I wouldn't mind my testes shrinking a bit though. It's pretty hard haulin' cannon balls around wherever you go. I enjoy how you spelled fan as "phan" in your name; how quaint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Francois,
    I won't bother you with the obvious concerning our Mr. O'Driscoll.
    I thought you might like to know that I'll be cheering loudly for Perpignan today as I relish the opportunity to watch Leinster send another French club home in defeat.
    In all seriousness, if you are a Toulouse fan they were outstanding in Dublin. Ferocious offense and rock solid defense. They made Leinster earn everything and the match could have gone either way.
    They are worthy of their 4 titles and deserving of tremendous respect.
    A quick Super Rugby question: Since the Blues stopped the Highlanders winning streak at 4, can we expect the Four Horsemen won't be arriving anytime soon?
    (btw the "cannonball" thing was brilliant!)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete